Eligibility: You must be at least the age of majority in your country or state of residence, not under eighteen years old.
Modifying the Policy: You can review the most current version of it at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change, or replace any part of this Policy by posting updates and or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Limited Liability and Terms and Conditions: This Policy is and shall be considered part of our Terms of Service, for which all limitations of liability, disclaimer of warranties, indemnifications, prohibited uses, applicable law, and any other related matter of the latter shall be part of this Policy.
Personal Information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Crossfire Network.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you sign-up to receive marketing communications we collect certain information, including your name and email address. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from the Site such as our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you transactional, order, Site and Product related communications (e.g., emails related to your orders or comments). If you contact us with a comment, question or complaint we may ask for your name, email address, address and/or phone number. You do not have to create an account in order to browse our Site or place an order.
If you choose to create an account, we will collect and store your personal information including first and last name, email address, mailing address and password in order to create and administer your account. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How we use Information: In order to make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including transaction details and complaints.
- Process payments.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Set up your account for our site.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating shipping fees.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Crossfire.Network to power our online store. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. Additionally, we may also share Personal Information with third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, or otherwise with your consent. Furthermore, we also share Personal Information with card payment processors, and shipping companies to deliver our products.
Your rights: Under Costa Rican law (Law number 8968), you are entitled to the following fundamental rights:
- Self-determination of Information. This right recognizes the right of the data holder to certain principles and guarantees related to the fair and legitimate use of his or her data, including protection of his or her privacy, avoiding discriminatory actions.
- Informed consent. This right enables the data holder to understand the purposes of data collection, the use by third parties, and the identity of the responsible for the data collection, among others.
- Quality of the Information. All data collected shall be current, truthful, accurate, and suitable for the purpose for which it was collected. You have the right to ask for a modification of it.
- Right to access. Every person has the right to access his or her personal data, and to require rectification, modification or suppression of them, and to consent to the transmission of his or her data.
- Right to revert consent. You are entitled to revert your consent at any moment, given appropriate notice to us.
How do we protect your information: We continuously take steps to protect your data from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information. For example, credit and debit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks. Although we do not promise, and you should not expect that your personal information will always remain secure.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
How long we retain your information: We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
In any case, the information will be stored and or used for more than four (4) years from the date of collection.
Do not track: Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Data Retention: When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Minors: The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Contact us: For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also familiarize yourself with our Terms of Service.